Download the full story reading!

Slide greasily into Halloween with our all-new, feature-length reading of Lovecraft’s masterpiece, The Call of Cthulhu, starring the incomparable Andrew Leman!

Download it here!

Featuring music written and performed by Reber Clark! Most selections are available for purchase here on the Lovecraft Paragraphs and At the Mountains of Madness soundtracks.

Reading recorded at Rocketwerks in Santa Monica, CA. Produced by Chad Fifer.

Thanks to everybody who contributed to make this production possible! Please continue to support us by asking your local comic book shops, game stores and creepy destinations of all kinds to throw this baby on in celebration of the holiday.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! We’ll be back next time with Through the Gates of the Silver Key.

38 Responses to Reading 6 – The Call of Cthulhu

1. Sid says:

Booooyaka!

Thanks guys! :o)

2. Wolf says:

Great production, again, Mr. Fifer. Andrew is indisputable the greatest of all the H.P. Podcraft readers. Thank you, guys, you change my life.

3. sjnelson says:

Can’t wait- but the download time is @ 15 hours at the moment, so I will have to.
    tia

4. Sergio says:

That was great, I love it :D… you guys outdid your selves this time… thanks for your hard work and time CTHULHU FATHAGEN!!! xD

5. jason says:

Eight cyclopean tentacles up, gentlemen.

6. Russell Bynum says:

Cthulhu fhtagn! :D

7. Chris says:

Fantastic! So pleased we made the ransom and looking forward to immersing in the HP Podcraft experience :)

This is the best news I’ve heard since the call of Cthulhu itself. THANKS GUYS!… I would like that Lovecraft himself could hear this masterpiece from one whose voice would be the envy of Cthulhu himself… the one and only Andrew Leman!

9. PiltdownMannequin says:

Well done!

10. Bruce Baugh says:

Wow, poor Mr. Leman has never sounded more distressed by cosmic horror. Great stuff. :)

11. Anonymous says:

The Haunter in the Dark, and now this? Excellent. Much thanks for your hard work and throats scorched by the fires of beyond.

12. Nick Curnow says:

WELL DONE! BRAVO GENTLEMEN, BRAVO! I think this is pure gold, especially Mr. Lehman’s voice! :D

13. Michael Bryan Walt says:

Ahhhh, The Call of Cthulhu read by Andrew Lehman. I am a happy Lovecraft fan. Thank gentlemen.

14. JuBr says:

So happy, this is amazing!!! I’m glad to help with ransom anytime!!

15. Grandpa Theobald says:

This is….a Masterpiece.

Thank You.^_^

16. Ron says:

From R., France, who is so happy to be fluent in English. I became a huge fan of this podcast !
    Absolutely Fantastic reading, though I might have a preference for the original hppodcraft introduction for this story (with the introductory reading by Heater Klinke – and I’m still whistling the grandiose main theme from time to time… thanks to M. Clark) Well, I guess there is much time taken here in the full reading to rise the dramatic tension…

17. mtoler says:

You guys’ve outdone yourselves. Really, really enjoyed this.

18. GoodleShoes says:

Incredibly well done. It just sounds so right.

19. Thomas Jackson says:

Amazing job!!! I’a I’a Cthulhu fhtagn!!

20. Gary O says:

Awesome! Classic! Riveting!

Well done, guys! I am definitley giving this shoutouts on Google+ and Twitter.

21. Ron "Elder One" St. Pierre says:

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

22. Thanks guys! This is great!

Fantastic reading. Bonus points for pronouncing “R’lyeh” correctly.

24. [...] of Oregon Gaming Club. To celebrate the candy-fueled season of terror treat your ears to the H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast’s The Call of Cthulhu [...]

25. Klaatu says:

A fantastic masterpiece! iThankU

26. Bradley Smith says:

The music is excellent. The tone of the reading is the best I’ve heard. This is a really first rate production. What kind of recording studio was used? Analog, digital?
    Thanks so much, perfect Halloween gift.
    Bravi Tutti!!
    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat…

27. @Bradley Smith: Vulgate translation of the Bible, Psalm 42:

“Abyssus abyssum invocat in voce cataractarum tuarum; omnes gurgites tui et fluctus tui super me transierunt”

“Deep calls to deep in the voice of your waterfalls: all your whirlpools and waves have passed over me.”

28. Phil says:

I’ve fallen in love with this story all over again! Mr. Leman’s reading is sooo great! Thanks.

29. ScS says:

Great job guys! As always, your readings are the best. Thanks so much.

30. Nathan says:

I listened while reading along today. VERBATIM with the exception of a couple of different words which was likely due to different editions/editors. I’ve been impressed quite favourably with all the readings I’ve listened to so far. Excellent production quality, all the way around. I can’t say enough! Keep up the outstanding work!

31. Natalia says:

I think there’s a problem, I’m not able to download it. The link just sends me to a black screen with a short grey bar and “play” button, but none of it is responsive.

32. hppodcraft says:

Hi Natalia- try right-clicking and selecting “Save Link As…” to download the file to your computer. Thanks!

33. Koala says:

Is this no longer available for download? I tried “save as…” but get a prompt for ftp login.

34. [...] It’s based off of HP Lovecraft’s story “the call of Cthulhu” (listen here) [...]

35. Marcello says:

the FTP server seems to be down :(
    any chance we can see the file back up again? :)

36. Mike says:

Hi. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ISSUE DOWNLOADING, please try this site: http://www.hppodcraft.com/podcasts/ You can scroll down to the bottom, find the title that you wish to download, and right click on it and “save as”.

37. […] sing a round of “Happy Birthday” in a gargling, strangled voice, then treat yourself to a very elegant reading of “The Call of Cthulhu“, one of his best works and most frequently suggested as representative of his approach. […]