Join us as we go Out of the Aeons with guest Ken Hite and reader Marc Majcher!

We’re sponsored this week by You Shall Never Know Security, an outstanding short fiction anthology from author J.R. Hamantaschen – BUY IT NOW in paperback or for the Kindle! You’ll get the benefit of a great read and support this podcast!

And hey, while you’re shopping, don’t forget to pick up a few of Ken Hite’s wonderful books, perfect for all occasions!

If you liked Marc’s silky-smooth readings and you’re in the Austin area, why not check him out in Charles Dickens Unleashed at the Hideout Theatre, a completely improvised show done in classic Dickensian style.

What’s a Cardiff Giant? Why, this is a Cardiff Giant.

We’ll return again next week with our thrilling conclusion!

19 Responses to Episode 97 – Out of the Aeons – Part 1

1. Antoine D says:

It’s great to have Chris, Chad and Kenneth back together again! Congrats on the new baby, too!

Also, anyone interested in the Cardiff Giant and its history should check out this Episode of Monster Talk:

Fans of the HPLLP will really get a kick out of Monster Talk – they even did a show a few years ago about Cthulu with Robert Price.

2. old book says:

Congratulations on the new Lackey!

I’m trying to imagine what a Lovecraft amusement park would be like. Not very “amusing,” I think. More like a “despondency park.”

Good show and good story. Long, though.

4. James barrett says:

I think the set (for want of a better word) for ‘Sleep No More’, currently playing in NYC, would be pretty close. You’d just have to change the script from the Scottish Play to a Lovecraft story.

Man, do I ever miss this podcast when it’s not being offered each week! It feels like it’s been a month! Glad to see you guys back. Congratulations again, Chris, on Albert’s arrival and now that the podcast is back all is right with the world!

6. Chris Hutson says:

I’d never heard of this Churchward guy, but a while ago, I read a Colin Wilson story, “Return of the Lloigor” in a Mythos anthology by Derleth ( i think ) wherein one of the characters was a crazy old British colonel who had written a bunch of books on Mu, I bet he’s based on Churchward.
    Also, I’ve totally got that O’Donnell werewolf book. I found it in a bargain bin or something when I was in high school. It’s as terrible/great as you think.

7. Grandpa Theobald says:

Wonerful, absolutely WONDERFUL! ^_^

Also, Swami Chandraputra/Carter is AWESOME!! XD

8. Nott Traverse says:

I’m just getting caught up with episodes now, so I’m a little behind. I just listened to the Shadow over Innsmouth episode when you announced your wife’s pregnancy.

Congratulations!

Now getting back to your fez…

9. Great show. I just finished the Josh’s I Am Providence bio and its been great to go back and listen through your archives which are a blast.

10. Great show. I just finished S.T. Joshi’s, I Am Providence bio and its been great to go back and listen through your archives which are a blast.

What a great amount of information in the first half of a story!
    Needless to say that’s great guys!… Hey Ken, the Chateau des Faussesflammes is feacture in the Averoigne’s story «The End of the Story» (Weird Tales, May 1930).
    And Chris, don’t mind your present weariness, you’ll forget it once the little wonder starts to read H. P. Lovecraft… o maybe… Friedrich Nietzsche.

12. David Howarth says:

Just to be a nitpicker… A book with short stories all by one author is technically a “collection” rather than an “anthology”. Just sayin’ :). Thanks guys, keep ‘em coming!

13. PRV says:

Can’t wait for the next episode, great job guys!!! This is the 1st time I read the story before the podcast, makes it an even better experience.

14. Klaatu says:

I think it´s time for The H.P. Lovecraft literary podcast to do a “The Whisperer in Darkness”-movie christmas special.

15. Sean Liddle says:

Not a Smiths Song, but close, a Morrissey song! (and a good one to boot!)

I feel the need to defend the apparent “no vulgar ballyhoo / Cardiff Giant” contradiction. Note that the line specifically says “the art of vulgar ballyhoo had not invaded the field of scholarship to the extent it has now succeeded in doing.

It’s not saying there was no vulgar ballyhoo, just that it wasn’t as bad then as it is now.

17. Ross says:

Hey, nice penis on the Cardiff Giant.

18. Tim Scurr says:

I would love to see a boxing match between the Dispenser of Cheating Privileges and the Repairer of Reputations.

19. Tim Scurr says: