We’re back to finish Out of the Aeons with guest Ken Hite and reader Marc Majcher!

Once again, check out You Shall Never Know Security, a wonderful collection of short horror fiction from author J.R. Hamantaschen!

Ken Hite also has a variety of mythos-related books that would look great underneath your Solstice tree!

Happy Holidays all! We’ll be yacking at you in 2012 (when Mu rises once again and the world is destroyed)!

7 Responses to Episode 98 – Out of the Aeons – Part 2

there needs to be a Cthulhu / Ghatanothoa showdown.

2. Al Reid says:

That would indeed be a proper punch-up. My money would still be on Cthulhu though.

Just a fantastic show! Ken Hite is always good and Marc is right on the spot! Good show guys! Happy holidays!

Go Team Earth! But who is who in the team? Who would the techie be, and who would be the leader? Who is the comedian?

I read the story a number of years ago, and, true be told, I can’t remember it very well. But then, it didn’t seemed so convulate as it seemed to me through this episode. Maybe was the vast amount of information provided by Ken Hite.
    We can’t overlook the importance that the mitology and mysticism of people like Blavatsky played in the inspiration of the speculative fantasy and sf of the first half of the twentieth century.
    Good appetite everyone!

6. Rivbot says:

Oh man, I don’t know if it was just me, but I thought that it was super creepy that they cut open the stone/leather mummies while they were still completely alive. That adds a whole new dimension to the horror of the fate of the people who were turned to stone, for me…

7. Cambias says:

Another excellent podcast.

I wonder, though: given all the similarities, maybe Lovecraft was hinting to the more alert reader that Ghatanothoa is Cthulhu, and that petrifying people into living mummies is just one of his powers.

I also wonder about Lovecraft’s ghost-writing clients. Apparently Hazel Heald gave him a one-sentence idea, and sold the story under her name. I just can’t understand how someone could do that and still be able to face the mirror in the mornings. It’s not as if Hazel Heald was a big name, with so many contractual obligations that she had to farm out the work. I guess she was just so in love with the idea of being a writer more than with writing.