Join Chris and Chad back on April 4th with guests Andrew Leman, Corin Zero of Zeitgeist Zero, and Paul MacLean of Yog-sothoth.com for the special Question and Answer session at the end of the live show from April 4th. There might be a few hints to what’s happening next with the HPLLP. MIGHT!

Then on the 28th of April Chris will be the Newcastle Travelling Man at 1:00 to sign and to do a talk at 3:00 about ‘Adapting Lovecraft.’ BE THERE!

If you’re interested in buying a limited run poster from the live show, they are now available at ArmyOfCats.com!

We’ll be back in two weeks with a TRIPLE-FEATURE: Till A’ the SeasThe Battle That Ended the Century and Collapsing Cosmoses

HPL Literary Podcast Live Show Poster

12 Responses to Episode 110 – Live Show Q & A

I can’t believe no one has left a comment. Loved the show! There, I said it. Yeah I did. Take that interwebs!

2. Matthew says:

Hi guys. I’ve listened to your podcast from the start. It’s been fun. I wanted to make a recommendation for a mythos story that I really enjoyed: Beyond the Reef by Basil Cooper. It’s in a compilation call Shadows of Innsmouth. On the whole it’s pretty hit or miss, but I really enjoyed that story. I’ve actually probably read it 6-7 times now. Cheers.

3. Matthew says:

PS. It struck me like someone played a badassed table top game and transcribed it.

4. The Dunwich Whotsit says:

Man, it sounds like everybody had a great time. I regret not being able to go. But at least we have the recordings here!

Can’t wait for the new podcast – a triple feature to boot! If I’m correct, one of the stories you’s are doing is ‘Till A The Seas – one of my all time favourites! It’s gonna be awesome!

5. Matt Sheridan says:

Oh, man, I would love to hear you guys cover some Blackwood and Machen stories. I think either of those guys is worth a dedicated podcast, in fact. And, in all honesty, I think I need some help understanding some of those stories.

6. Rev_Danno says:

Best show ever.
    I have no idea why, but this has been my favorite show ever.

You guys need to make the podcast more like this all the time. Do it in Leeds,
    do it in LA, Skype people in.

Again, best show ever.

7. DS says:

You should dedicate at least one episode (but ideally two or three even) to Lovecraft movies.

That is, both movies that are highly inspired by HP and very Lovecraftian in their nature (ie The Thing, Mouth of Madness etc), as well as actual adaptations of his work.

8. GoodleShoes says:

Now this is just a suggestion,
    But once you run out of Lovecraft stories and and start covering Lovecraft related things, maybe you should try to do a Let’s Play of Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth for Xbox or PC. I’m sure everyone would love to see that.

Hey guys, great show. But it’s hard for me to believe that any of you -not even the one and only, Andrew Leman- haven’t read nothing of Abraham Merritt so far.

No matter how much you search in the whole history of the SF/F literature, you won’t find nothing like «The metal monster», and that’s only one example, one, by the way, that amazed a Lovecraft himself.

It seems to me that the future of the podcast, must be the exploration of the whole circle of lovecraft’s writers.

10. Flyinghogfish says:

Chris, upon hearing that you were disturbed by Alan Moore’s Neonomicon, I immeditaely bought a copy (no offense). The concepts involved were so facinating that I forgot to be disturbed. Now I am just disgusted with myself, and suspicious of pregnant mothers everywhere I go. They say children are the future. Anybody have a time machine?

I second The Thing, In the Mouth of Madness, and Dark Corners of the Earth, and raise you Big Trouble In Little China. (If the last 110 episodes have taught us anything, it’s that there is humor in the shadows. Sshhh… Can you hear them? The dark gods are laughing…)

11. [...] The episodes of the HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast that cover the story with the boxes and replacing minds begins with episode 108 and goes to episode 110. [...]