Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/hppodcra/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/hppodcra/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Shotguns v. Cthulhu
H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
June 19, 2019, 10:49:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shotguns v. Cthulhu  (Read 24381 times)
gbsteve
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »

Both Chris and Chad have stories in the new Lovecraftian anthology Shotguns v. Cthulhu (as do I).

I thought I'd mention it here because a kickstarter has just been launched to fund the printing of this and three other antholgies from Stone Skin Press.

Here's the link

And here's the lovely cover with their names:
Vulpine
Unhinged

420925126 vulpine137 vulpine137
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »

Well I wasn't planning on funding any kickstarters this month...but Chris and Chad stories, plus another author I like who's name I can't think of right this second (damn my failing brainmeats).  *hands over his credit card*

"We shall swim out to that brooding reef in the sea and dive down through black abysses to Cyclopean and many columned Y'ha-nthlei, and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever."
old book
Committed for Life

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:17:57 AM »

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Cthulhu vs shotguns 1:0

We live on a placid Rhode Island and Providence Plantations of ignorance in the midst of the black seas of an infinity of dark foreigners, and it was not meant that we should voyage too far.
Chris Lackey
Great Old One
Mind-Blasted

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 05:13:11 AM »

Next week, we're doing a full reading of Chad's story! I gotta say, it kicks ass. It's a really great story. I think folks are going to be blown away.

CJL
Ruth - CthulhuChick
Stark-Raving Mad

Mistress of necromancers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 09:33:59 AM »

Just backed so that I can get one of the ebooks---guess which one? Wink Looking forward to Chad's story on the podcast.

Bob Lovecraft
Committed for Life

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 02:18:55 PM »

I think folks are going to be blown away.

Oh boo, hiss for that terrible pun. Wink

Bob

If someone ever dares you to read the Necronomicon out loud... just say no.
LambethWarp
Mind-Blasted

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 05:42:13 PM »

Next week, we're doing a full reading of Chad's story! I gotta say, it kicks ass. It's a really great story. I think folks are going to be blown away.

CJL

Just listening now - really atmospheric!

Edit: I liked this story, thought it was impressively gross. The [SPOILER] bit where the weird old man's head is blasted off and this weird fleshy worm-like appendage grows out of the gaping neck wound reminds me of a scene in Murukami's Kafka On The Shore. Come to that, there's a lot of Lovecraft in Murukami, I think.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:08:59 AM by LambethWarp » Logged

gene14stein
Blissfully Ignorant

gene14stein@hotmail.com gene14stein gene14stein
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 02:17:42 AM »

Excellent particulars, outstanding details! I've been really blessed on your part and you have really completed an admirable job. and one more thing How do you locate different discussion boards on Forum together with search term or even research? Got a Forum consideration, it works great, but exactly how will I locate different consumers discussion boards I prefer together with research. Going there's a approach, however I 'm not necessarily experiencing it right now. Interesting aid..

TheFolklorist
Shaken

The Bishop-Fish which appeared in Poland in 1433

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 11:06:08 AM »

I got my copy from GenCon in Indianapolis last weekend. Steve Dempsey was there and he signed it. Since I've already heard Chad's fantastic story "One Small Valuable Thing" I went ahead and read Chris's story "Snack Time". It's a Hounds of Tindalos story and I always enjoy a good Hounds of Tindalos story and this most certainly is one.

I'm looking forward to digging into the rest of the book this week and I'll report back here with what I think of the rest of the stories.   

"I long to learn the songs the demons sing as they swoop between the stars, or hear the voices of the olden gods as they whisper their secrets to the echoing void." - Robert Bloch
gbsteve
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 08:24:04 AM »

Good show! And nice to meet you at Gen Con.
Konrad Hartmann
Shaken

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 02:05:36 AM »

[SPOILER]
[/quote]

Just listening now - really atmospheric!

Edit: I liked this story, thought it was impressively gross. The [SPOILER] bit where the weird old man's head is blasted off and this weird fleshy worm-like appendage grows out of the gaping neck wound reminds me of a scene in Murukami's Kafka On The Shore. Come to that, there's a lot of Lovecraft in Murukami, I think.
[/quote]

That scene reminded me of the HPL story (or fragment based on a dream) in which the narrator approaches or boards a train and the conductor or engineer has this nasty cone thing instead of a head. What the hell was that story's name?

Konrad Hartmann-Now with more Evil!
LambethWarp
Mind-Blasted

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 01:44:55 PM »

That scene reminded me of the HPL story (or fragment based on a dream) in which the narrator approaches or boards a train and the conductor or engineer has this nasty cone thing instead of a head. What the hell was that story's name?

I don't recall that bit at all - I've read pretty much all the major works so I guess it's probably in one of the story fragments or maybe one of his collaborations.

Konrad Hartmann
Shaken

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 10:16:29 PM »

I don't recall that bit at all - I've read pretty much all the major works so I guess it's probably in one of the story fragments or maybe one of his collaborations.

Found it. "The Thing in the Moonlight," a fragment. It's different from the scene in "One Small Valuable Thing," but it still reminds me of it:

"I leaped up at once and raced madly out of that car and across endless leagues of plateau till exhaustion forced me to stop—doing this not because the conductor had dropped on all fours, but because the face of the motorman was a mere white cone tapering to one blood-red-tentacle. . . ."

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/tm.asp

Konrad Hartmann-Now with more Evil!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: