H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
September 23, 2017, 11:14:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where would you live/visit in Lovecraft country ?  (Read 27852 times)
Genus Unknown
Cultist
Committed for Life

Spam Buster

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2012, 05:55:50 PM »

Yeah, "The Haunter of the Dark" takes place in Providence.

Vulpine
Unhinged

420925126 vulpine137 vulpine137
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2012, 10:16:02 PM »

Do the Dreamlands count? Because I'd live in Ulthar. Peaceful, lovely, and full of kitties.

Yeah, that might be nice. Just don't piss off the gypsies and you'll be jake.

Well, I'm fairly sure after that little experience, no one gave them any trouble later, and kept extra cream and fish for any gypsy kitties.

"We shall swim out to that brooding reef in the sea and dive down through black abysses to Cyclopean and many columned Y'ha-nthlei, and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory for ever."
Bob Lovecraft
Committed for Life

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2012, 09:09:05 AM »

I bet a veteranariun would just clean up in Ulthar.

Bob

If someone ever dares you to read the Necronomicon out loud... just say no.
old book
Committed for Life

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2012, 12:27:30 PM »

I bet they have really draconian leash and poop laws to discourage dog owners from relocating there.

We live on a placid Rhode Island and Providence Plantations of ignorance in the midst of the black seas of an infinity of dark foreigners, and it was not meant that we should voyage too far.
old book
Committed for Life

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2012, 03:39:54 PM »

Yeah, "The Haunter of the Dark" takes place in Providence.

How strange I forgot that story was set in Providence. I also forgot Providence crops up in:

From Beyond
Shunned House
Call of Cthulhu
Case of Charles Dexter Ward
Through the Gates of the Silver Key

Shunned House, Call of Cthulhu, Case of Charles Dexter Ward and Dream-Quest of Uknown Kadath also have Newport, which might be an OK place to live.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:47:15 PM by old book » Logged

We live on a placid Rhode Island and Providence Plantations of ignorance in the midst of the black seas of an infinity of dark foreigners, and it was not meant that we should voyage too far.
Patch420
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2012, 07:04:05 PM »

Why hasn't anyone created an online Arkham or Innsmouth? And I already know about that Second Life abomination! I mean creating an online virtual world that accurately portrays Lovecraft Country!

Oh, and Arkham gets my vote.
Konrad Hartmann
Shaken

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »

I would pick the hills of Vermont from the Whisperer in Darkness, unless there is a New Hampshire setting I am forgetting. I've only driven through Vermont and New Hampshire once, but I totally understood the inspiration of these places.

Konrad Hartmann-Now with more Evil!
old book
Committed for Life

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »

I'm leaning toward Providence lately/still. After all, what man knows Kadath?

starblazie
Unhinged

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2012, 10:38:25 PM »

I still say Arkham or maybe the Rue d'Auseil in Paris. 

"...prayers without sacrifices are only words." - Sallustius
ljj870
« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2016, 10:20:49 PM »

I'd actually live in Dunwich, post the dunwich horror, mainly because it's quiet and safe and with the waitley's gone, there's really no danger from the old ones or yog sothoth. and if it helps, I grew up where the diary of Alonzo typer is set, I've been to both Attica and Batavia,NY ,many of times.
InTheBellfry
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2016, 05:32:29 PM »

Erich Zann's neighborhood seems like it would be nice. Great view, great music, and I'd definitely love to find out the rest of that story!

OR The Netherlands with St. John and the Narrator of The Hound. Just sounds like a lot of very interesting fun all around. Though I would have to learn The Dutch Language.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: