H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
September 21, 2017, 08:27:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Members' writing (and other creative output); or, can I 'spam' my writing?  (Read 3235 times)
LambethWarp
Mind-Blasted

View Profile Email
« on: April 26, 2012, 10:38:30 AM »

Question for admins/mods, and apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I'm new:

What's the policy here on members' own writing, art, music and so on? Is there a dedicated thread where we can post stuff we've written/made, or is it cool to start a new thread if we've got a story we think others might like to read, or what? I've already got a fairly extensive collection of writing on my blog and would love to bring it to a wider audience, and I think the guys and girls on this forum would probably be into it...OTOH, I don't want to come across like I'm 'spamming', so rather than flood the forum with HAY GUYS READ MY AWESOME STORY PLZ!-type threads, I thought I'd ask here first.

I've already looked in the Help section but couldn't find any specific advice on posting content, and I think the stuff I agreed to when I signed up didn't go much further than the usual "please don't be a massive jerk" sort of thing.

Thanks!

- LW

Genus Unknown
Cultist
Committed for Life

Spam Buster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »

There's an artist's thread, but that seems properly to deal with visual arts. There isn't a writer's thread as far as I know, but I don't see any reason why you couldn't start one.

LambethWarp
Mind-Blasted

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 11:10:38 AM »

Nice one, think I'll do just that - thanks!

Inner Prop
Unhinged

I've seen things you wouldn't imagine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »

Think we should just post links, not whole stories?

"engulfed in the infinite immensity of spaces of which I am ignorant, and which know me not, I am frightened, ...The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me."   Blaise Pascal
Manndroid
Mann & Machine
Cult Priest
Shaken

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 01:51:26 PM »

For large oceans of text, links would be ideal; preferably ones leading to a blog of yours or some similar website whose content you can control, personally.

Mike Mann - Graphic Designer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: