H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
September 21, 2017, 08:20:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Episode 222 - A Visitor from Down Under  (Read 2265 times)
Penman Bland
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:05:36 PM »

I'm weighing in on this episode because of the confusion regarding the icicle.  I've got a couple of suggestions on the matter.

The less deeply-felt one:  There's much made about cold spots associated with ghosts, and the association is in the story with the very chilly penny given as bus fare.  A ghost moved to murder might suck a lot of heat from a room.  We might also consider the possibility that Australia's general reputation for heat disguises the fact that they do have winter there, and it can get below freezing; Jimmy Hagberd, sent away on a wet and foggy evening, might well come to some harm before sun-up from exposure to the elements.

The more deeply-felt suggestion:  Being from Canada, I don't entirely cleave to the idea that Hell is ye auld fiery furnace-- Hell can also be a larger expression of a February night with not a cloud in the sky to hold in the planet's warmth, the wind blowing hard, and the thermometer saying it's -40 in either of the common registers.  From that Hell, someone might well come with an icicle or two in train, and flesh might well stick to them.

While I'm making noise, I might as well share what occurred to me to connect the Phantom Stranger's apparent basket and the disappearance of Rumbold.  You could fit a fellow into a box of a size to fit under one arm, if he were properly folded....
wreade1872
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »

My theory is that its a zombie and that the body was frozen in the morgue to preserve it for the murder inquiry. When the spirit revived the body it supernaturally retained the cold, hence the stiffness and icicles.

I don't believe there was any basket, that was simply a reference to the shape made my the frozen arm under the cloak. Like someone with their arm in plaster it would look like they were trying to hold something.
Kyrossi
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:08:05 AM »

Read multiple times To further study the And if by chance the good information. This was presented again.

Dropperdy
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:45:12 AM »

I tried to find information on matters such as this.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: