H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
November 01, 2014, 02:38:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Lovecraftian music, re-animated  (Read 15279 times)
Genus Unknown
Cultist
Committed for Life

Spam Buster

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2011, 10:42:15 AM »

Morbid Angel's bandleader is named Trey Azagthoth. I can't add much to that.

Have you heard the new album? I expect the entire band to be eaten by shoggoths any day now. Blegh.
How could I not check it out after such a ringing endorsement!

It's a giant turd. It sounds like they've been going through Marilyn Manson's trash. The Ancient Ones are not amused.

chaosound
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2011, 03:03:28 PM »

agreed new MA horrrrid
i never listened to anything after Altars of Madness, amazing album
fishy
Unhinged

Esoteric Order of Dagon: Norwegian Chapter

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2011, 06:29:27 PM »

I actually like the new album. But then Domination is my favourite album by Morbid Angel.

I say to you againe, doe not call up Any that you can not put downe; by the Which I meane, Any that can in Turne call up somewhat against you, whereby your Powerfullest Devices may not be of use. Ask of the Lesser, lest the Greater shall not wish to Answer, and shall commande more than you.
Genus Unknown
Cultist
Committed for Life

Spam Buster

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2011, 07:22:59 PM »

I don't hear a lot of Domination in the new one (and I agree, Domination rules - apparently it has a bad rep, but I don't see why). I do hear a lot of Static-X and Marilyn Manson. Classic Morbid Angel has an almost regal quality; there's a certain gravitas and military rhythm, as well as a strangeness, to the riffs that makes one think of giant Lovecraftian monstrosities gathering to conquer the Earth. The new material sounds like a bunch of guys in their mid- to late-40s trying to connect with angry teenagers, except that they're a little behind and ended up aiming at the angry teenagers of 1998 by mistake. It's such a drastic change in tone and drop in quality that I half suspect David Vincent and Trey Azagthoth have been replaced by pod people. My own theory is that someone in the band is having one hell of a midlife crisis.

chaosound
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2011, 10:19:16 AM »

Portal is sick, im not usually a big fan of BM but thats some good stuff
ugh Ghost is rotten, dont see at all what everyone(not here, other sites) is ragin about... Mercyful Fate? "Old School"? where??? shits terrible
reberclark
Cult Priest
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2011, 03:46:42 PM »

Hi all,

The music I have done for the podcast's At the Mountains of Madness is now available here, there and every-frikkin-where at:

http://reberclark.bandcamp.com/album/at-the-mountains-of-madness-sketches-for-the-h-p-lovecraft-literary-podcast

My main page is located at:

http://reberclark.bandcamp.com

Thanks to Andreas and Chad and many others for suggesting this.

Get it while it's hot!  Smiley

- Reber Clark

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. My Music and Movies Site    My YouTube Channel    Download my music!
The Dragon Master
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2011, 02:35:05 AM »

Two lovecraftian themed bands I've been listening to lately:

The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets* - They're a lovecraftian surfer rock band from Canada and have several albums out now. One of their albums (Let Sleeping Gods Lie) was released as a soundtrack for the D20 edition of Call of Cthulhu and has rules for bonus' and penalties when certain songs are playing. You can find some of their music on iTunes, but not all of their albums are available. Here's one of their songs The Innsmouth Look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak3lgdNetJM

Humanoids - They're a lovecraftian hip hop band from Australia and their song Arkham Sir was played at the end of Part 6 of ATMoM, Their music is available on Bandcamp. My favorite song of theirs right now is KO Corral. Fairly certain it's based on The Mound. http://humanoids.bandcamp.com/track/ko-corral

*Yes I realize they've been mentioned, but figured a little more info would be useful.
Kaelestes
Cultist
Mind-Blasted

SI.VM E.T AV.VM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2011, 02:23:27 AM »

I'd like to ask one favor of you, and that is: don't stop half way through this video and say, "you're a perv," and then turn it off. That is the wrong response, and if you do that I'll hunt you down, strap you in a chair, pry your eyes open, and make you finish the video. Because if you only watch the first half you're going to miss the point. This music video is beautifully animated, and it sounds beautiful, and then it kicks you directly in the face and tickles the parts of your brain that make you get a little steamy behind the collar when slightly eccentric, fairly racist, incredibly lanky, and wholly under appreciated in their time, early 20th century New Englanders are mentioned.

And I apologize if this has already made its way into the forums. They're approaching "vast" and I've been away too long. I misseded you. Cry

And also, this video is extremely NSFW.

DyE - Fantasy

If I'm being perfectly honest, this kind of music isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think Lovecraft, but it really seems to do the job here.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 03:31:55 AM by Kaelestes » Logged

The Colour scorched my lands
 and burned away my family.
  Need money for Eldersign.
JulieH
Mind-Blasted

Resident Diva, 19 Nocturne Boulevard

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 07:00:12 AM »

I'd like to ask one favor of you, and that is: don't stop half way through this video and say, "you're a perv," and then turn it off. That is the wrong response, and if you do that I'll hunt you down, strap you in a chair, pry your eyes open, and make you finish the video. Because if you only watch the first half you're going to miss the point. This music video is beautifully animated, and it sounds beautiful, and then it kicks you directly in the face and tickles the parts of your brain that make you get a little steamy behind the collar when slightly eccentric, fairly racist, incredibly lanky, and wholly under appreciated in their time, early 20th century New Englanders are mentioned.

And I apologize if this has already made its way into the forums. They're approaching "vast" and I've been away too long. I misseded you. Cry

And also, this video is extremely NSFW.

DyE - Fantasy

If I'm being perfectly honest, this kind of music isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think Lovecraft, but it really seems to do the job here.

Creepy as hell.  And kinda pervy.
[keep in mind, i sometimes watch Hentai - but just for the stories. LOL]

--Julie Hoverson
19 Nocturne Boulevard
(www.19nocturneboulevard.com)
Bob Lovecraft
Committed for Life

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2011, 08:32:11 AM »

Wow, that was pretty cool. I particularly like the moral of the story: never invite Azathoth to your teenage grope sessions.

Bob

If someone ever dares you to read the Necronomicon out loud... just say no.
TransconaSlim
Mind-Blasted

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2011, 09:18:57 PM »

Wow, that was pretty cool. I particularly like the moral of the story: never invite Azathoth to your teenage grope sessions.

Bob

I thought it was kind of sad, the shy one is the one who get's here eye burned out.  I guess it's an amoral universe.... But I fully expect that this is the kind of thing that would have appeared in Cthulhu Sex Magazine. 

A Prairie Horror Companion: http://prairiehorror.blogspot.com/
Winnipeg Wobbly Blog: http://winnipegwobbly.blogspot.com/
...And Live in Harmony with the Earth Blog: http://ecowobbly.blogspot.com/
Eric Lofgren
Mind-Blasted

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2012, 07:28:48 PM »

Tool- Lateralus

I really get the feeling that these guys dance around the margins of the Mythos while not really trying. Lateralus is a great example of that. Especially considering that the music and lyrics are arranged around the Fibonacci Number Sequence. Plus some of their videos are truly madness material. This one isn't an official Tool video. I believe it's taken from an animated Russian feature from the 80's. But it's still kind of trippy though Smiley

Remember kids, never correlate the results of your research.
http://theartofericlofgren.blogspot.com/
yumegari
Shaken

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2012, 05:09:47 AM »

Drum And Flute For Azathoth (warning--it's pretty long)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmU-qqAsyiA

Really, just type in the name of anything Lovecraftian into YouTube and you'll find tonnes of stuff like this.

squiggle, line, circle, line, squiggle, squiggle, circle, line.
reberclark
Cult Priest
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2012, 11:24:05 PM »

Hi all.

I just finished uploading my short movie "Lovecraft Paragraphs" to YouTube tonight. It will be released for free streaming soon. I'll post when it's ready. Please be gentle.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is. My Music and Movies Site    My YouTube Channel    Download my music!
Eric Lofgren
Mind-Blasted

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2012, 06:32:01 PM »

That's great, Reber. I really look forward to that Smiley

Remember kids, never correlate the results of your research.
http://theartofericlofgren.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: