H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
November 22, 2017, 12:40:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ep202 Dracula's Guest  (Read 2786 times)
wreade1872
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2014, 03:56:13 PM »

Just wanted to say i mostly agree with the guys theories on this except i don't think the creature is a minion of Dracula. If Drac had any minions i'm sure he would have made use of them at one point or another. He doesn't even trust his female vamps to bring Harker his meals or drive the coach.
So i think its most likely the creature is actually Dracula himself! Stalking Harker personally.

There is a problem with this story though. If Harker doesn't know german, how did he read the inscription on the tomb? and when did learn russian, which is what the other inscription was written in?

The guys also talk about whether this was actually axed from the Dracual novel, and the version i read seems pretty solid on that point with a foreword by his wife.
"I have added an hitherto unpublished episode from Dracula. It was originally excised owing to the length of the book, and may prove of interest to the many readers of what is considered my husband's most remarkable work."

And while i'm here i have a book called 'The Supernatural World: Mysterious Powers & Strange Forces' . With lots of good stuff on the real legends of supernatural phenomenon. Here's some of its awesome vampire info.

"The Russian vampire, known as a 'vieszcy', gnawed his own hands and feet while in the grave but at midnight he escaped to attack cattle, seek blood and ring church bells."
Noooo! what a bastard, attacks cattle and won't let you sleep Tongue .

"The Bulgarian vampire had two forms. For the first 40 days he learned how to be evil and had a filmy body which gave off bright sparks in the dark. After this the vampire rose from the grave in his old body, but he now had only one nostril and a long sharp tongue."
One NOSTRIL Huh . Who the hell is getting close enough to check the number of nostrils  Undecided .

And now to my favorite real vampire legend The Nachzehrer!!.
"..a 'nachzehrer' ... had very strange habits. It sat in its tomb holding the thumb of one hand tightly in the other, always kept its left eye open, and made loud grunting noises while it devoured its own shroud."
YES!!! best vampire ever Grin . Where's this guys film.

PS: The film 'Byzantium' is a pretty decent vampire flick.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 03:58:51 PM by wreade1872 » Logged
KraChadFireDang
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 08:54:23 AM »

If this is done I can be better than these.

NiRadSuRa
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 07:59:41 AM »

If I want to know it.What I do anything?

idleric
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 12:18:27 AM »

I do agree that the wolf in the story was Dracula.  Dracula is often seen taking care of business himself when it is really important.  I think the gypsies and other human minions(except Renfiled) are not aware of Dracula's true nature, and Dracula is never seen commanding other vampires so we can assume that he does not have other vampire colleagues other than the three brides.  Considering the Three Brides disobeyed Dracula by trying to attack Harker, it would be reasonable to believe that Dracula does not have strong control over other vampires, and does not trust them.  Also, the place Harker got stranded seemed to be the hideout of another vampire, so Dracula has another reason to keep his eyes on Harker and fight the other vampire if necessary(I think it became rather a strong stereotype that Dracula is stronger than any other vampire...but who knows?)  So it would make sense that Dracula would personally ensure Harker's safety. 

Byegusyi
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 01:03:53 AM »

The information provided is useful to divide just learn a lot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: