H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
September 20, 2017, 02:19:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Lovecraft purchase for Kindle?  (Read 964 times)
Falcon_of_the_Sun
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2015, 05:17:35 PM »

Hello!

I was wondering if anybody had a clear idea of the best Lovecraft anthology on Kindle.

At the moment I see

1 - Necronomicon: (GOLLANZ S.F.)
2 - the new annotated HP Lovecraft (Leslie Klinger, Alan Moore)
3 - the call of Cthulhu and other weird stories (S.T. Joshi)
4 - the complete fiction of HP Lovecraft and 120 bonus works by Edgar Allan Poe (?!)

I got samples of all the Kindle editions but I can't quite make up my mind. Ideally I'd like something with annotations that describe things further, and possibly illustrations.
Not too fussy about the content so long as the best tales are there. I have read many of them before a few years ago (At the Mountain of Madness, The Quest of Iranon, The music of Erich Zann, The Thing on the Doorstep, the Tomb etc). I had tried to read the more generic stuff to then deep dive into the material related to the Cthulhu mythos, although I trust AtMoM is part of them...

Anyway, I'd be happy to have suggestions on what to buy. Again, annotations would be important, assuming they make are kept in these electronic versions.

Many thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: