H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
November 25, 2017, 04:43:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for title of horror story  (Read 1344 times)
Ghooric
Cult Priest
Blissfully Ignorant

311169847 gullisong
View Profile WWW
« on: January 31, 2016, 09:56:29 PM »

Hello. I'm looking for a story I only read a few times. It was in an anthology of scary stories.

The two main characters are investigators, looking into a house that is supposedly haunted. All sorts of eerie apparitions have been seen in the place. I believe they spend a night in the house and see some eerie things.

At the end, they find the thing responsible for creating the phantasms in the bottom of a drawer. It is a sort of disc with a clear top and all sorts of eerie things floating in fluid inside, on top of a disc like a compass. The narrator (I think) grabs the disc to inspect it closer and a sort of evil vibration runs through him. The disc inside spins around by itself and the awful feeling is so wrenching that he drops it. It busts open and the contents go all over the floor. They never manage to find out who put it there.

Anyways, that's the story, at least what I remember of it.

I was thinking this might be a good story for the podcast, if anyone knows the title.

Enter the Ghooric Zone
Adrian Ward
Blissfully Ignorant

Human parasite, avid reader, 51st VC of Aldergate

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 12:54:56 PM »

Hallo,

That sounds awfully like 'The House and the Brain' (Lytton) - in which case I'm quite sure they've done it on the podcast. Am I wrong?

-AW

I won't pretend that I deserve this second chance. Quite clearly I do not. But I'm taking it all the same.

Oh, and I'm always looking for good new stories to read aloud to the internet - by which I mean dreadful old ones.  Any suggestions?
wreade1872
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 07:52:26 AM »

They did the short story the Haunter and the Haunted which is only  part of the House and the Brain.
Ghooric
Cult Priest
Blissfully Ignorant

311169847 gullisong
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 12:01:43 PM »

Hallo,

That sounds awfully like 'The House and the Brain' (Lytton) - in which case I'm quite sure they've done it on the podcast. Am I wrong?

-AW

Nope, you're dead on! Thanks. (It was http://hppodcraft.com/2013/06/12/episode-162-the-house-and-the-brain/ , btw)

Enter the Ghooric Zone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: