H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
September 23, 2017, 07:37:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: iTunes - Need a Test Subject!  (Read 6641 times)
Manndroid
Mann & Machine
Cult Priest
Shaken

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:10:38 AM »

Anyone who has tried to subscribe to the new iTunes feed, please try again. I've just changed a couple settings during troubleshooting, and I hope to have fixed the problem.

Mike Mann - Graphic Designer
Christian O.
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »

Do I need to delete the old files or anything? I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing first on the podcast page of iTunes and then next in the iTunes shop, but unfortunately it didn't work.
fishy
Unhinged

Esoteric Order of Dagon: Norwegian Chapter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:28:24 PM »

What is the new RSS-adress ?

I say to you againe, doe not call up Any that you can not put downe; by the Which I meane, Any that can in Turne call up somewhat against you, whereby your Powerfullest Devices may not be of use. Ask of the Lesser, lest the Greater shall not wish to Answer, and shall commande more than you.
Bulbatron
Unhinged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:20:45 PM »

I tried the new one, and all seems fine, except the Under the Pyramids episodes don't seem to want to download.

I just deleted the old podcast?  Is that right?
Christian O.
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 10:15:53 AM »

Sadly, I'm still unable to download any of the episodes.

EDIT:

But I can apparently download them individually. The subscription just doesn't work. And the "Under the Pyramids" episodes too.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 10:28:51 AM by Christian O. » Logged
Bulbatron
Unhinged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »

I tried the new one, and all seems fine, except the Under the Pyramids episodes don't seem to want to download.

I just deleted the old podcast?  Is that right?

To add to this, I found I was able to download the Under the Pyramids episodes to my iPod Touch with no problems, then I just transferred them to iTunes on my computer in the usual way and they now seem fine.
Manndroid
Mann & Machine
Cult Priest
Shaken

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 11:46:11 AM »

Could someone with itunes try following this link? It should subscribe you DIRECTLY to the feed:

itpc://www.hppodcraft.com/?feed=podcast
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:47:46 AM by Manndroid » Logged

mb5
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 07:23:19 PM »

That link worked earlier today when I clicked on the link on the homepage.  Now I have re-subscribed using the manual entry and it does show up briefly when I go to the link and then goes away.  I guess iTunes recognizes I already have a subscription.  Manual entry does get a different name though.  The link gave the name HPPodcraft (and I believe some more text) .  Manual entry gets The H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast.
Manndroid
Mann & Machine
Cult Priest
Shaken

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 08:20:31 PM »

Yeah, iTunes is going to get a little confused in a bit. Chris re-submitted the feed today to work out the kinks in the old code. The one titled "The H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast" is the newest one.

Manndroid
Mann & Machine
Cult Priest
Shaken

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 12:53:57 PM »

Well, with this all sorted out, I'm locking the thread to avoid confusing future members. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: