H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
November 23, 2017, 07:55:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BEYOND YE MYTHOS  (Read 1308 times)
whpugmire
Shaken

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 02, 2016, 03:43:25 PM »

When Leslie Klinger edited his New Annotated H. P. Lovecraft, he selected stories that he felt were in Lovecraft's Arkham/Cthulhu cycle. That book of Lovecraft's excellent fiction has prov'd enormously popular, and thus:

I'm very pleased to hear from my publisher Liveright/Norton that New Annotated H. P. Lovecraft is doing very well--so well that they'd like me to do a second volume, tentatively titled NEW ANNOTATED H. P. LOVECRAFT: BEYOND THE MYTHOS. Although the first volume contained 22 stories, we omitted a number of great tales simply to avoid making the book too expensive. As a result, terrific stories like "The Outsider," "The Rats in the Walls," "The Music of Erich Zann," "The Shunned House," and the novel The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath had to be left out of volume 1. The second volume will have another 23 stories, including some little-known gems like "Ex Oblivione" as well as other famous tales. . . . I'll also be working with my friend S. T. Joshi to use the most accurate text possible, based on his brilliant Variorum edition.

Ye 2nd volume won't be publish'd until probably late 2017 or early 2018.
STORIES SELECTED
The Tomb
Polaris
Transition of Juan Romero
The Doom that Came to Sarnath
Ex Oblivione
The Terrible Old Man
Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family
The Cats of Ulthar
Celephais
The Temple
The Outsider