H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
November 23, 2017, 08:09:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: H.P. Lovecraft and Neologisms  (Read 730 times)
proxyyn
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2016, 01:58:05 AM »

Hi guys! I'm really new to this forum and the podcast (only listened to the first 70 episodes), so I apologize if I did something wrong by making my first post here.
Anyhow, I'm a final year student of translation and I'm going to write about H.P. Lovecrafts work translated in to Japanese and how well they handled his texts.
I'd like to try to handle the neologisms that he coined but I wondered if anyone has done any research or analyzed his neologisms before. If that's the case it could help my research tremendously.
Anyone that has any recommendations on what I should read to get a better understanding of his word choices?
I have ordered the book "weird words a lovecraftian lexicon" that I hope that will help me pick which words that I should put an extra focus on.

Thank you for taking your time reading this.

Best regards,
Proxyyn.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: