H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
September 22, 2017, 04:10:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I insert images?  (Read 4396 times)
Padz
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2010, 02:50:50 PM »

OK, so how do I insert images into the text? Klicking the insert image button only creates this but doesn't allow me to select a picture to insert. Paste doesn't work either... I'm probably (duh!) not doing it right so pointers on how to do it (meaning insert images, nothing else) would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is insanity...
Kaelestes
Cultist
Mind-Blasted

SI.VM E.T AV.VM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 03:28:44 PM »

Find an image on the internet that you want to use, right click it for its properties and then copy the entire address. It should be noted that this only works for specific files like .jpg, .bmp, etc... Then copy the address into the body of the text, highlight it, and then push the image button which will surround it with the needed code.

The Colour scorched my lands
 and burned away my family.
  Need money for Eldersign.
Padz
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 08:15:57 AM »

Aha! Thank you very much for the answer!

Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is insanity...
old book
Committed for Life

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 05:39:09 PM »

If the image does not exist on the internet but only on your home computer, you can attach it by looking down the page during a reply where it says Additional Options and Attach, but it looks like they have to be fairly small.

We live on a placid Rhode Island and Providence Plantations of ignorance in the midst of the black seas of an infinity of dark foreigners, and it was not meant that we should voyage too far.
Genus Unknown
Cultist
Committed for Life

Spam Buster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 11:17:47 AM »

You can also upload the image to a hosting site like TinyPic.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: