H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
November 12, 2018, 05:12:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Episode 419 - A very old man  (Read 176 times)
xsovereigntyx
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« on: September 15, 2018, 06:23:24 PM »

Don't people still posting around here, but I know the guys read these sometimes so why not?
First thing is first, Haruki Murakami has a lot of work that is weird enough to be on the show, for example, The Little Green Monster is about a little green monster that crawls out of the earth and has a conversation with a woman. Then there is Super Frog Saves The World, a normal guy and a talking intelligent from battle a giant killer worm that threatens to destroy the world. Then there's my favorite Wild Sheep Chase where a man visits a strange hotel in order to track down his friend who has disappeared; the story an actual sheep man, as in a walking were sheep type guy. Kafka On The Shore adds a bit of horror with the character of Johnny Walker a killer half in dreams and half in reality who needs to charge his bone flute, with cat suffering, in order to fully come into the real world and kill without limit.   

I also don't have much to offer in terms of analysis for "A very old man with enormous wings" but I had read this story before in a freshman English class. However, before I ever read the story I remember the video to "Losing My Religon" by R.E.M. and there is alot of imagery from the story in it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: