H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
April 18, 2014, 04:44:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: More Lovecraft audio coming!  (Read 4279 times)
JulieH
Mind-Blasted

Resident Diva, 19 Nocturne Boulevard

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 22, 2010, 04:59:33 AM »

For anyone who enjoyed our "The Picture in the House", the guys return to bring us "The Haunter of the dark" in mid-May.
Cool

--Julie Hoverson
19 Nocturne Boulevard
(www.19nocturneboulevard.com)
Brother Voodoo
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 10:22:02 AM »

Cool, I'm quite partial to your gang's work on the Temple.
Q

"...any man who touches me will quickly be greeting his ancestors in hell!" - Conan the Cimmerian
JulieH
Mind-Blasted

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 03:45:27 PM »

Thanx!  I love what we did with the Temple too.  It's a fun story, and I'm really happy with how it came out.

--Julie Hoverson
19 Nocturne Boulevard
Old-One
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 05:01:21 PM »

Id also like to say how much i enjoyed the "Temple" and also "Gift of the Zombi".

Will definately have to check out "Picture in the house"
CamAdams
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 04:30:50 AM »

What is this audio stuff?  Where do I find it?
Old-One
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 11:31:57 AM »

http://www.19nocturneboulevard.net/Episodes.htm

Take this link to the episodes page, kick back and enjoy !  Smiley
JulieH
Mind-Blasted

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 08:42:07 PM »

Sorry - with the new board, I spaced on reposting the location!!!
Cool
Thanx much for jumping on that for me!

We have four direct adaptations from Lovecraft in among our shows:
  The Picture in the House
  Within the Walls of Eryx
  The Temple
  Chillin' (a modernization of Cool Air)
Cool
Other stories of interest:
  Making book (evil books and tentacles...)
  Cultists Stole My Baby!!!  (just plain silly)

Or pretty much anything else - 19 Nocturne Boulevard has over 40 episodes, and they're all darn good!!!
Wink
[Plus, we have another series "Bingo the Birthday Clown" which is just plain weird... like a 50s kids' show crossed with The Prisoner or Lost]

--Julie Hoverson
19 Nocturne Boulevard
Old-One
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »

Fantastic work on "the picture in the house" Julie, I really enjoyed the dinner party with the 'missing guest' element. I feel it added a much needed extra dimension to HPL's original.

I also gotta say how much i enjoyed "Making Book" (although i dont understand the title?) and "Cultists stole my baby". The former is a mesmerisingly strange story that really gets the ole imagination going.

Good Job & thanks !
JulieH
Mind-Blasted

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 02:05:41 PM »

"Making Book" (apart from the fact that the story involves a book) is meant to imply that Rusty's issues come from gambling ("making book" being a colloquialism for betting or taking bets - thus the words "bookmaker" and "bookie")

I have a tendancy to give stories odd titles that don't always make sense to anyone but myself.  Like "Crumping the Devil"...
Cool
Glad you liked the Picture in the House - I always felt the "house struck by lightning" ending was super weak for such a nicely creepy story - so I fixed it. 
Wink
Haunter of the Dark (coming out two weeks from Sunday) is the same guys - and now it's Edward's turn to tell a story.  I have two more written (Richard with a secret story, and Warren with Arthur Jermyn) and am working on the script for Herbert's version of From Beyond.

Should be fun!

--Julie Hoverson
19 Nocturne Boulevard
Old-One
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 04:16:39 PM »

"Making Book" (apart from the fact that the story involves a book) is meant to imply that Rusty's issues come from gambling ("making book" being a colloquialism for betting or taking bets - thus the words "bookmaker" and "bookie")

Hmm.. ive heard of "opening" a book, I should have made the gambling correlation.

Glad you liked the Picture in the House - I always felt the "house struck by lightning" ending was super weak for such a nicely creepy story - so I fixed it. 
Wink
Haunter of the Dark (coming out two weeks from Sunday) is the same guys - and now it's Edward's turn to tell a story.  I have two more written (Richard with a secret story, and Warren with Arthur Jermyn) and am working on the script for Herbert's version of From Beyond.

Should be fun!

Sounds it, I cant wait  Smiley
JulieH
Mind-Blasted

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 11:41:03 PM »

Hey - I decided to upload all my audio versions of Lovecraft in a big zipped file.  Anyone who wants, go ahead and download.
Cool
lovecraft.rar - 297.8 Mb

They're much more primitive than my shows - they were done while I was learning my way around audio mixing.  But what the heck - they're still fun.  The file contains a bunch of short stories and the ginormous Whisperer in Darkness (which runs 2.5 hours!!!).

The only piece not included (since it's also quite large) is my "Colour out of Space"  I'll upload that too, if people want it.

--Julie Hoverson
19 Nocturne Boulevard
Ruth - CthulhuChick
Stark-Raving Mad

Mistress of necromancers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »

Hey - I decided to upload all my audio versions of Lovecraft in a big zipped file.  Anyone who wants, go ahead and download.
Cool
lovecraft.rar - 297.8 Mb

They're much more primitive than my shows - they were done while I was learning my way around audio mixing.  But what the heck - they're still fun.  The file contains a bunch of short stories and the ginormous Whisperer in Darkness (which runs 2.5 hours!!!).

The only piece not included (since it's also quite large) is my "Colour out of Space"  I'll upload that too, if people want it.

Gracias! My husband listens to books on tape while running and it's the one way I can share Lovecraft with him. Smiley I especially wanted to share Whisperer.

JulieH
Mind-Blasted

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 11:22:54 PM »

In Whisperer, I'm afraid my annoyance with the naivete of the narrator character is a bit .... obvious.  I think my Akeley and .... other voices kick butt, though.
Cool

--Julie Hoverson
19 Nocturne Boulevard
JulieH
Mind-Blasted

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 11:24:35 PM »

Oh, and here's a link for Colour out of Space.
http://jumbofiles.com/zsmrvz20erne

--Julie Hoverson
19 Nocturne Boulevard
Old-One
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 04:39:03 AM »

In Whisperer, I'm afraid my annoyance with the naivete of the narrator character is a bit .... obvious.  I think my Akeley and .... other voices kick butt, though.
Cool

I didn't notice *shrug*

Although I did wonder how you managed "the whisperer" for so long without coughing Smiley

Having never read this story, I cant begin to explain the excitement I felt. Except to say I listened to it all in one day and cursed every distraction that took me away from it. Great Job !!

Any news on Haunter of the Dark ?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: