H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast Forums
November 23, 2017, 07:44:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you encounter any unknowable eldritch forum problems, shoot Manndroid a missive at mmann(at)modsprocket(dot)com!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24
  Print  
Author Topic: Member Introductions  (Read 115057 times)
Manndroid
Mann & Machine
Cult Priest
Shaken

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 28, 2010, 09:53:24 AM »

New to the forums? Introduce yourself!

Mike Mann - Graphic Designer
Rev Tullos
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 03:32:24 PM »

Alright I guess I will be the first.

I am from the infamous state of Mississippi (pause for redneck jokes).  As my user name suggests I am a pastor (youth pastor actually) of a Southern Baptist church and I am pursuing my PhD in Microbiology.  I am a huge fan of HPL and have been since I discovered his work about three years ago.  I stumbled across him by reading about the Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth game on Bethesda's website.  Soon after I found a few audiobooks and have been hooked ever since.  I have been listening to the podcast for about three months now and it rocks. 

Guess that's about it. 

Rev. Tullos

Job 14:14? Yep!

"The sort of people who covet life and fear death are not those to discuss any great undertaking." Ma Teng, Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Ruth - CthulhuChick
Stark-Raving Mad

Mistress of necromancers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 04:25:23 PM »

Welcome, Rev. Tullos! Those youth sound like they're in very good hands. Tentacles? Wink

Rev Tullos
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 04:49:57 PM »

Thanks!
Those youth sound like they're in very good hands. Tentacles?

If only...

Job 14:14? Yep!

"The sort of people who covet life and fear death are not those to discuss any great undertaking." Ma Teng, Romance of the Three Kingdoms
MartinRonnlund
Unhinged

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 05:33:52 PM »

Iä! I have nothing witty to say.

“Cold! One of my many weaknesses!”
RobinInSeoul
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 07:32:13 PM »

Hi, I'm RobinInSeoul.

I teach English as a Foreign language at a uni here.

I do voice acting and/or audio editing for various podcasts including The Magic of Eyri (www.magicofeyri.com), Buffy Between the Lines (www.buffybetweenthelines.com), Angel Between the Lines (www.angelbetweenthelines.com), the upcoming Firefly Between the Lines (www.fireflybetweenthelines.com) and Misfits Audio Productions (http://misfitsaudio.com/) among others.

I am not a bot.  Wink
Kaelestes
Mind-Blasted

SI.VM E.T AV.VM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 07:36:03 PM »

I am not a bot.  Wink

Here at the podcraft we actually require physical proof of non-binary sentience. We will need a lock of your hair, three pints of plasma (fresh as possible), and a sample of brain matter to run our full spectrum of tests.

The Colour scorched my lands
 and burned away my family.
  Need money for Eldersign.
Dionysius8421
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »

I am not a bot.  Wink

Here at the podcraft we actually require physical proof of non-binary sentience. We will need a lock of your hair, three pints of plasma (fresh as possible), and a sample of brain matter to run our full spectrum of tests.
Theoretically, couldn't all of those be replicated in a lab?
Kaelestes
Mind-Blasted

SI.VM E.T AV.VM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 08:05:21 PM »

I am not a bot.  Wink
Theoretically, couldn't all of those be replicated in a lab?

We send out our professional technicians to collect the tissues at our member's homes, which keeps falsified samples to a minimum. Collection of material is compulsory for all members.

The Colour scorched my lands
 and burned away my family.
  Need money for Eldersign.
Ruth - CthulhuChick
Stark-Raving Mad

Mistress of necromancers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 08:17:22 PM »

three pints of plasma (fresh as possible), and a sample of brain matter to run our full spectrum of tests.

i.e. we need to feed the shoggoth again.

Nightmare Happenings
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 08:55:10 PM »

Hello, please don't erase me from existence. I'm not a robot, I can prove it! No, no, actually I can't. Just try telling this thing it's a robot: http://cleverbot.com/
catamount
Mind-Blasted

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 12:26:10 AM »

Hello, my name is catamount. H.P. Lovecraft is my drug of choice and I refuse to get sober. 

'Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.'

Robert E. Howard, "The Tower of the Elephant"
feeder_goldfish
Blissfully Ignorant

feedergoldfish feeder_goldfish
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 03:11:52 AM »

Aha. Member Introductions.

I am eh... wow, already stumped. Well, half-Canadian, obviously (note the "eh"). Otherwise, I'm a Lovecraft fan by way of his books (long ago, as a teen) and the RPG (only a few years ago, as an adult).

Claim to fame: My grandparents knew Clark Ashton Smith, when he lived in Pacific Grove. I possess a signed copy of his book, Genius Loci and a lovely letter from his wife, written to my GPs.
Raindog
Blissfully Ignorant

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 07:06:23 AM »

Hi everyone,
   Although I've posted elsewhere already I'll introduce myself here.
I'm in the UK, been reading Lovecraft and other horrific tales since I was about 13. I'm 45 now and I still enjoy going back to the Lovecraft stories.
   I haven't felt any need to go back to Stephen King, or James Herbert. Lovecraft seems to have me caught in his stories  Smiley
Cloven Sunfish
Blissfully Ignorant

hepromantic
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 07:09:40 AM »

I actually am a bot - a bot that runs on adverbs and antiquated language. Beep bop boop.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24
  Print  

Jump to: